These versatile and stylish windows are a great addition to any home and offer several unique advantages compared to other types of impact-resistant windows.
Double hung windows provide homeowners with numerous benefits, such as:
- Enhanced ventilation: Both the top and bottom sashes can be opened, allowing for better airflow throughout your home.
- Easier cleaning: The ability to tilt both sashes inward makes it much simpler to clean the exterior glass from inside your home.
- Increased energy efficiency: By using well-insulated materials like vinyl or aluminum frames in combination with impact-resistant glass, you'll save on heating and cooling costs while maintaining a comfortable atmosphere indoors.
- Flexible design options: Choose from various colors, finishes, and styles—including colonial grids—to personalize your space.
- Compatibility with different window types: Double hung windows work perfectly alongside casement windows or horizontal roller windows within one room or throughout your entire household.
As you consider which type of impact-resistant window is best suited for your needs and preferences, take note of how double hung windows could potentially enhance the appearance and functionality of your living spaces.
At Weston Impact Windows, we understand the importance of having hurricane windows and doors in your home. These specially designed products offer numerous benefits that not only protect you from extreme weather conditions but also provide additional advantages to improve your overall living experience.
In areas prone to hurricanes and intense storms like ours, investing in these protective measures is crucial for ensuring both safety and peace of mind.
Hurricane-resistant windows and doors significantly reduce the chances of property damage during a storm by preventing strong winds from entering your home. This helps maintain structural integrity and prevents internal pressure buildup which could lead to roof collapse or other disastrous outcomes.
Additionally, impact-resistant glass offers enhanced security against break-ins while providing energy efficiency through noise reduction and improved insulation. As you can see, there are countless reasons why installing these essential features should be at the top of every homeowner's priority list.
Have you ever wondered how impact glass can protect your home from harsh weather conditions and break-ins? Let's dive into the world of impact-resistant windows to discover what makes them so special.
Impact glass is designed with a unique combination of materials, featuring two layers of tempered or annealed glass bonded together by an interlayer made from polyvinyl butyral (PVB) or ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA). This layered structure not only provides exceptional strength and durability, but it also significantly reduces noise transmission and blocks harmful UV rays.
The real magic happens when these multi-layered windows are put to the test against extreme forces such as hurricanes or attempted break-ins. Instead of shattering like traditional single-pane glass, the outer layer may crack upon impact, while the inner PVB/EVA layer keeps everything intact.
Not only does this prevent dangerous shards of glass flying around during storms, but it also effectively deters burglars who rely on quick access through shattered windows.
Our work is guaranteed to satisfy.
Get a free quote
Fill out the form below to request a free consultation
Call For Your Free Quote:
Connect With Us
© Copyright 2023 Weston Impact Windows. All Rights Reserved.
Zip codes we serve: